The young generation is highly attracted towards playing the pool which is played all around the globe by enormous number of people. But the new player must know about rules, objective, player & equipment’s of game. As, there are different types of pool that is being played like in USA it is known as eight ball, and nine ball pool.
Pool Game Objective
First of all, let’s know the objective of pool game: the main objective of pool is to Pot all your selected balls that can be solid or stripes as well. Whosoever will pot 8 balls will win the game. In this player should be able to use their skills in safe way.
Pool Players & Equipment
To play pool, the following pieces of equipment are required:
- Table: The pool table must be approximately 9 feet by 4.5 feet although games can often be played on differing sized tables.
- Balls: There should be 16 balls in totalincluding a white cue ball, seven striped balls, seven solid balls, and one black ball (8 ball).
- Cues: Players have a cue each which can be made from wood, carbon fibre, or fiberglass and this is used for striking the cue ball.
- Chalk: In order to ensure that there is good contact between the ball and cure, the player must be able to tend to chalk the ends of their cue.
Pool Game Rules
The most important thing is that object must be put in a triangular rack and must be placed at the lower end portion of table.
- The white ball must be placed anywhere near the service line on the table.
- There will be a coin toss in the match so as to decide who will play first match.
- If it is the first game in a match, a coin should be tossed to decide who gets to choose whether to break. After that, the break is taken in turns.
- The player should hit the ball and make sure that four balls will hit the cushions and if the 8th ball gets potted on the break, then the player will be entitled to ask for re-rack.
- The first player to pot an object ball will then have to continue to pot the balls from that category (stripes or solids). The opposition player will have to pot the other group.
- A player will continue to make shots until they foul, or fail to pot an object ball. Then it is the turn of the opposing player. Play continues like this for the remainder of the game.
This is all about Pool Game, its rules and players and equipment’s details. Stay tuned with us for more interesting details like this.